Job description / Role
Geotechnical Manager will be responsible for the delivery of all geotechnical surveying works required for construction projects across the region.
Governmental entity in charge of a giga project development.
* Manage the geotechnical surveying requirements of all sectors across projects (including topographical, bathymetric and geotechnical (on-shore and off-shore), seismic hazard and metocean studies.
* Prepare and review specifications, BoQs and drawings for geotechnical investigation RFP
* Coordinate and manage deployment of geotechnical contracting resources to meet technical requirements and design programmes.
* Plan and manage geotechnical investigation contracts and keep project delivery teams informed of progress regularly.
* Manage and coordinate geotechnical investigations to ensure works are completed to specified technical standards, health and safety and environmental requirements and programme.
* Provide direction to technical team in field inspection activities.
* Review interpretative and seismic hazard reports and geotechnical surveying deliverables.
* Appraise geotechnical surveying contractor performance.
* Manage geotechnical surveying database in GIS and ensure compliance
* Provide technical advice and guidance on aspects of geotechnical design to project delivery streams
* Review technical design deliverables from external consultants.
* Provide risk assessments for geotechnical issues.
* Analyze geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations and prepare data reports
* Opportunity to work on a unique giga project
* Competitive tax free salary and comprehensive family benefits
* Clear growth path and opportunity to further develop career and skills
* Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or related subject
* 12+ years relevant working experience.
* Experience across a wide range of geological types, soil and rock conditions.
* Experience in managing and administering site investigation contracts and site supervision teams.
* Experience in managing and liaising with multi-disciplinary teams.
* Knowledge and experience in geotechnical design (temporary and permanent works) for tall buildings, tunnels, deep excavations, slope stabilization, pipelines, marine structures, ports, rail, bridges, roads, airports, dams, soil improvement and land reclamation projects.
* Experience in seismic hazard assessment.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.